Welcome to Wisdom Wednesday! Earlier this week we discussed connecting with self. Today we will explore self-discovery and the process of self-awareness.
Our experiences, relationships, environments, and teachings influence who we become. In all of this, we have several opportunities for growth. And as we grow, change occurs. We begin to seek new types of experiences, teachings, environments, and relationships. We also develop a new relationship with self, as we come to recognize who we truly are, rather than who we have been conditioned to be.
The road of self-discovery is not always an easy one. As we begin remove veils and reveal truth, we may find that certain aspects of our lives no longer fit, or no longer serve our highest and best purposes. We may realize that we have to let go of certain things in order to move forward. An important key, though, is not to run away from things just because of difficulty. There are times when we are presented with challenges that will aid our growth. Remember, how we respond and handle challenges can either help us diminish ego, or keep us in the realms of chaos. How we “deal” is a reflection of our conditioning. This is all part of self-discovery.
This week, I encourage you to scratch the surface of self-discovery. Take note of how you respond in various situations. Be aware of your triggers, as well as interactions or things that make you feel loving and light. Most of all, take responsibility for your own actions, decisions, and forms of communication.
· Do you find that you’re often blaming others, rather than looking at your own influences and participation?
· After you have dealt with situations, are you satisfied or left feeling regret or remorse? Why?
· Which of your characteristics make you feel most proud?
· What do you do well, and what would you like to improve?
· What is being reflected back to you through your relationships?
· How are the elements of your life serving you? Which lessons are you learning, and which are you avoiding? Why?
· Who are you? Are you aligned with who you know you are? Is your true-self a reflection of the life you’re living?
With self-awareness and discovery comes an obligation of using new knowledge. When we connect with self, we become more aware and we begin to transform. We illuminate our truths and step into alignment with higher consciousness.
Until next time…
Peace and Blessings!
Yew Chi Blogger
Yolanda is a San Diego Reiki-Master Teacher and Author. She began this blog because she believes we must show gratitude by sharing our blessings. Through these writings, she passes on the gifts from her journey! It takes a village, and we are of the same tribe.
Sign up for my newsletter and access your gifts! Enter your email below...