“When I choose to transform my energy, I feel better.” – Yolanda
Welcome to Meditation Monday! This week's meditation is about choosing to transform our moods.
We all experience shifts in moods and feelings. The shifts occur weekly, daily, even moment to moment. The beauty is that we have the ability to feel, as well as the ability to transform our feelings and moods. Our feelings and moods are energetic, and as you know from my previous blogs, energy can be transformed, renegotiated, transmuted, and released. Here are a few things to try when you want to transform your own mood:
1. Stand in Gratitude: If you find yourself bothered by a particular situation, or person, change your focus. Give yourself a moment to breathe and consider all of your blessings. Acknowledgement of what you have creates a shift in your energy, and is like an invitation for more goodness to enter your space. Throughout the day, remember this: Be thankful for what is, instead of worrying about what isn’t.
2. Set an Intention: For best results, I recommend setting an intention for a “feel good day” before you actually start your day. Especially if you didn’t “wake up on the right side of the bed”, shift that energy before carrying it into the rest of your interactions. When you feel the energy you’re surrounded in isn’t the energy you want to stay in, intend to change it. Make a conscious decision to release the energetic weight that you’re carrying. As you inhale, invite warm and soothing energy into your body. Then exhale, releasing weight and tension. Feel your shoulders drop. Do this a few times, slow and steady, while focusing on thoughts that bring a smile to your face.
3. Question Yourself: Sometimes we find ourselves in a funk and we don’t know why, or we know why, but don’t understand why it is making us feel like we feel. Well, you can find out why by asking yourself. When you know why you’re feeling a particular way, it becomes easier to shift the energy surrounding you. You then give yourself clear choice about the energy you’re generating. Even more, you will have identified the issue, which leads to more choices. Really, stop and consider why your mood is what it is, and once you’ve identified the issue, revert back to the above recommendations.
4. Meditate: Create stillness. Often times we just need to stop and go inward. Finding a space where you can be with yourself, without distraction, is another way to transform energetically. This does not mean that you have to sit with your eyes closed, although that works for many people. For some, certain activities are quite meditative. For tips on creating calming space for yourself, sign up for my monthly newsletter.
5. Change Your Environment: The space you’re in may be the very thing affecting your mood. Take a moment to change your environment and see if this creates a shift in your energy. Another environmental change can be rearranging the space you’re in. Move furniture around, reorganize your space…clean up! These actions can also lighten your mood.
These tips may be simple, but maintaining a “good” mood takes work! You may find that you have to try one of these exercises daily, perhaps even using a few of them several times a day. You won’t be alone in that – everyone’s energy needs management.
Later this week, I want to dig deeper, entering the realm of joy, which I will discuss in this week’s Wisdom Wednesday.
Until next time…
Peace and Blessings!
Yew Chi Blogger
Yolanda is a San Diego Reiki-Master Teacher and Author. She began this blog because she believes we must show gratitude by sharing our blessings. Through these writings, she passes on the gifts from her journey! It takes a village, and we are of the same tribe.
Sign up for my newsletter and access your gifts! Enter your email below...